In a large stockpot, saute chicken in oil over medium heat until lightly browned. Add jalapeno pepper, onion, bell pepper, carrot and garlic. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables soften. Stir in flour, oregano, cumin, salt and white pepper. Continue cooking for 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in beans and cilantro.
Garnish with grated cheese when serving, if desired.
- 1 1/4 Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Jalapeno Pepper, Minced
- 1 small Carrot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ADAMS Reserve Minced Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon ADAMS Reserve Mediterranean Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ADAMS Reserve Ground Turkish Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ADAMS Reserve San Francisco Bay Sea Salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ADAMS Reserve Table Ground Montok White Pepper
- 1 14 ounce can Chicken Broth
- 2 15 ounce cans Navy Beans, undrained
- 1/4 Cup fresh Cilantro, chopped