Brown meat in a large skillet; do not drain. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, ADAMS DICED ONIONS, ADAMS GARLIC SALT, ADAMS GROUND BLACK PEPPER, ADAMS OREGANO and sugar until well blended. Cover and simmer 1- 1 1/2 hours.
Cook noodles in boiling salted water according to package directions, adding vegetable oil; stir occasionally. Drain, rinse, drain again and separate noodles..
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the bottom of a shallow 13x9 inch ungreased baking dish spread a thin layer of sauce, then a layer of noodles. Saving enough extra sauce for topping, spread 1/3 of the tomato sauce over the noodles; top with 1/3 of the ricotta and 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat twice with sauce, noodles and cheese. Cover final cheese layer with more sauce and parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Remove and let stand 10 minutes before cutting into rectangles to serve.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 8 oz. Lasagna Noodles
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbl Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Ricotta or Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 can (15 oz.) Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (6 oz.) Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup ADAMS DICED ONIONS
- 2 tsp ADAMS GARLIC SALT
- 1 tsp ADAMS RESERVE MEDITERRANEAN OREGANO
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp ADAMS GROUND BLACK PEPPER