Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large glass or ceramic pie pan, blend together melted margarine and 3/4 teaspoon ADAMS BEST VANILLA. Add brown sugar, blend. Add pecans, blend. Spread the mixture evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 0.5 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 0.33 cup margarine, melted
- 0.75 teaspoon ADAMS BEST VANILLA
- 1 package uncooked prepared pie crust for 2 crust pie
Prepare the pie crust according to package directions for two-crust pie, placing the bottom crust over pecan mixture in pan.
Mix ADAMS BUTTER FLAVORING and 1/2 teaspoon ADAMS BEST VANILLA with granulated sugar. Blend in flour and spices. Peel, core, and slice each apple into 12 equal size wedges. Coat sliced apples with sugar mixture. Arrange apple slices, standing on end, in a pie crust lined pan. Apple slices may stand above the top of the pie pan. Top with second crust and flute; cut slits in several places.
- 7 cups (8 medium) fresh tart apples
- 0.75 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ADAMS CINNAMON
- 0.75 teaspoon ADAMS NUTMEG
- 0.75 teaspoon ADAMS BUTTER FLAVORING
- 0.5 teaspoon ADAMS BEST VANILLA
Place pan on foil or cookie sheet to guard against spillage. Bake for 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender. Remove and immediately place serving platter over pie, invert. Carefully lift pan from crust. Some nuts may remain in pan; replace them on pie with knife. Cool at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish as desired.