Notes: No salt necessary for this great sauce!
Brown meat and green peppers. Drain and add all spices, tomato paste and whole tomato (no juice, save for later). Stir to coat evenly. When mixture starts to boil, add saved juice, tomato sauce and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Add sugar and let simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
- 2.5 pounds hamburger meat
- 1 small can mushrooms
- 2 small cans tomato paste
- 1 - 28 oz can chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 - 28 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon ONION POWDER
- 1 teaspoon ADAMS GARLIC POWDER
- 1 to taste ADAMS PEPPER FLAKES
- to taste ADAMS GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- 1 Tbl ADAMS ITALIAN SEASONING