Notes: Great homemade twist on ice cream.
Beat eggs in electric mixer until they are light in color. Add sugar to eggs and beat at high speed until mixture is thick. Add "ADAMS BEST" VANILLA, ADAMS PEPERMINT FLAVOR, salt and evaporated milk; continue beating until sugar is dissolved. Mix thoroughly into the whole milk. Add three - five drops of ADAMS GREEN FOOD COLOR (if desired). Add to freezer or ice cream maker. During last 5 minutes of churn or when ice cream is chilled but stir able, add chocolate chips. Freeze completely or finish ice cream maker cycle.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon ADAMS BEST VANILLA
- 1/2 gallon whole milk
- 3-5 drops ADAMS GREEN FOOD COLOR
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Large can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ADAMS PEPERMINT FLAVOR
- 1 small bag semi sweet chocolate chips